thumb|300px|right|Opeining. Darker than Black: After Sunset follows the tale of Contractors, attempts to bring them back into society, and a new antagonist that seeks to destroy them all once more. Due to media leaks, the public has become fully aware of Contractors in everyday life. This has lead many organizations to seek to earn Contractors rights within society once more.
However, this stresses those who have come to hate Contractors for the troubles they bring, and so the Gates are sought once more, in an effort to wipe any Contractor out who they do not deem 'worthy' of life. Once this is revealed, Contractors must seek to help each other, and with an uneasy alliance, they fight to stop this plan from becoming reality.
However, there is another question that lays unanswered, and avoided by all. Its answer may seal the fate of the Contractors, one way or another: Where is the Black Reaper?
- A Meeting on Dark Streets: The Gunman vs Takeshi: Two contractors meet in the shadows; blood shall be spilled in the moonlight.
- Angelic Dance of Bullets and Blades: Ryan has escaped the mysterious Takeshi, but has found himself confronting a new contractor that could be either friend or foe...
- Skirmish in the Land of Lights: The organization BEHEMOTH has attacked a city in New York. Takeshi and Ryan have arrived to end it, but are they working together or alone?
- Garden of Corpses: Discussions are abundant, and new plans emerge. Who is siding with who?
- Deceitful Beginnings: A trip to the West Coast is eminent for Ryan, but who is this girl he has met?
- Red Dawn in the City of Lights : We turn our attention to another part of the globe, and find our first character. But... whose side is she on?
- An Empty Heart: the Hunt for Blood : Alice's day is becoming odder and odder, but what will happen when she and the Harbinger, are after the same person?
- Seeking Answers: A Meeting of Dispassion : Turning down help may have been a bad idea, but it seems Alice still has other people by her side.
- Redirection of the Arrows : Paths are beginning to intersect... Sadow's European invasion begins.
- Changing Fates: Undesired Deaths : We bring our attention to a final area, the continent where many plans were foiled in the past. But that is no longer the case... unless Takeshi has something to say about it.