Lucas is the is the twisted-evil version of Efran Bejar from a parallel universe.
- Master Combatant: He is uniquely gifted in the art of hand-to-hand combat (a skill Lucas honed long before he became the Thing), though his fighting style tends to be a rather loose brawling technique all his own. This style often incorporates collegiate wrestling techniques, Boxing (as he has been stated to have spent hours upon hours honing his boxing skills in the gym during college), and on at least one occasion even Jujutsu. In his youth, Lucas was a talented football player.
- Tactical Analysis: Luke was praised by Efran in his decision making skills. Affording him extra capabilities both on and off the battlefield.
- Expert Gardener: He is also an excellent gardener owing to his supernatural abilities and has his own botanical gardens at the Owl Mansion.
- Storm Manipulation: He can sense, create, shape and manipulate storms, including strong wind, hail, thunder and/or lightning (a thunderstorm), heavy precipitation (snowstorm, rainstorm), heavy freezing rain (ice storm), strong winds (tropical cyclone, windstorm), or wind transporting substance through the atmosphere as in a dust storm, blizzard, sandstorm, etc. He can create tornadoes/hurricanes, vertical drafts, micro-bursts and other devastating forms of wind storms. Also create, rain, snow, sleet, hail, floods, monsoons, sub-zero rain, etc.
- Ultra-man Suit: Lucas own's an impressive suit. In lieu of any metahuman powers, he uses an advanced microcircuitry-powered all-purpose combat suit that allows him a wide range of options to use in combat. The suit is extremely durable, very lightweight, and easy to wear. The suit itself is able to withstand bullets and knifes without losing its integrity. The microcircuitry woven into the mesh affords him a high measure of super-strength, enough to easily shift thirty tons - and a great deal more if he exerts himself. However, Lucas must take into account the fact that attempting to lift things that heavy often causes them to fall apart under their own weight.he suit is capable of generating a force-field that in prior incarnations was powerful enough to take multiple direct punches and kicks from Aboiye and leave him intact (this fried the force-field though, and eventually the suit didn't fare much better). It remains constant at that level for the current incarnation. The suit is able to provide powerful energy blasts, via blasters in the costume's gauntlets. At their highest setting, the blasts are capable of plowing through two solid feet of concrete. Lucas's visor is outfitted with both sensory amplification devices (both auditory and visual) and a HUD for targeting and threat-identification. The visor provides broad scanning along the electromagnetic spectrum, providing infrared, ultraviolet, and X-ray vision.